Update Place & Zoom Levels on Maps
TNG (The Next Generation in Site Building) will geocode the places on a user’s site. However the Place Level is not set and the Zoom Level is fixed at 10.
Place markers are color coded and Zoom levels control the map’s magnification.
- This procedure will update the Place Level based on the number of commas in the Place description field.
- For each Place Level, a user defined Zoom Level is assigned.
- It can be set up to replace all Place and Zoom Levels or only those without a Place Level assigned.
- It can be set up to update all the trees on a user’s site or apply the changes to only one tree.
- It uses the REPORTS feature in the Administration area.
- Easily cut-and-paste examples from the User’s Guide.
See full explanation & examples in
Visit the TNG wiki at → http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Mass_Updates_of_Place_and_Zoom_Levels_Using_Reports
The TNG software is a way to display a family tree on an Internet site.