- Birth Certificate: Baltimore City
- 1895 Baptism: St. Peter
- 1906 Baptism: St. Mary’s Industrial School
- Article explaining the two Baptisms
- 1906 First Communion
- 1907 Confirmation
- Katie (Schamberger) Baptism – St Alphonsus 1874 – NEW
George Herman Ruth & Helen Woodford:
- 1914 Marriage Record at Saint Paul’s Catholic Church
- 1914 Marriage Certificate Howard County, Maryland
George’s Parent’s George & Katie (Schamberger) Ruth:
- 25 JUNE1894 by A. C. Barron, minister of Fulton Avenue Baptist Church.
Babe Ruth was a premature baby.
WW I and WW II Registrations
Census and Directories
- 1895 Baltimore City Directory (Pius Schamberger)
- 1900 Census (TBA – See Web Log)
- 1910 Census – George, Jr. (TBA – See Web Log)
- 1910 Census – George, Sr. (TBA – See Web Log)
- 1930 Census (TBA – See Web Log)
- 1899 Baltimore City Directory (TBA – See Web Log)
- 1906 Baltimore City Directory (TBA – See Web Log)
- 1912 Baltimore City Directory (TBA – See Web Log)
- 1913 Baltimore City Directory (TBA – See Web Log)
- 1917 Baltimore Telephone Directory (TBA – See Web Log)
Passport and Passenger lists
- Passport Application (TBA – See Web Log)
- Passenger List 1935 (TBA – See Web Log)
- Passenger List 1937 (TBA – See Web Log)
- Passenger List 1938 (TBA – See Web Log)
- 406 W Conway Street Land Record Description.
- 1887 Map of the neighborhood – The yellow dot is 406 West Conway Street.
- 1887 Map superimposed over present day Baltimore. (Coming soon)
George’s mother, Katie Schamberger, died August 11, 1912. Up until 2008 the mother of the world’s most famous athlete rested in an unmarked grave.
Paul Harris, a semi-retired lawyer, has written a book, “Babe Ruth: The Dark Side.” In researching his book, Harris went to the Holy Redeemer Cemetery and found where Catherine Ruth was buried. Through his efforts, funds were raised to purchase a monument. The story is told in a February 06, 2008 Baltimore Sun article by Rick Maese.
- → Babe Ruth
- → Father, George Herman Ruth, Sr.
- → Mother, Catherine Schamberger
- → Father’s parents: John Anton Ruth & Mary Strodtman
- → Mother’s parents: Pius Schamberger & Johanna Schamberger